We want our services to be impactful to the greater community. In hopes of making the best use of everyone’s time, we have collected some helpful guidelines to make the collaboration and consultation process as easy as possible. Please read through these notes before your first meeting.
- Please come to your session with clearly defined goals and research questions.
- If bringing data, please ensure it has an appropriate codebook indicating what values each column is expected to hold, and the correct interpretation of any categorical fields. Is there any missing data? If so, how is it recorded? Try to use short, intuitive column names.
- Take a few minutes to ensure your data is clean. Do all numeric columns contain only numerics? Do all the values make sense (e.g., could a decimal point be misplaced? Are there any typos in manually entered data?)
- If you need to cancel a meeting for any reason, please provide us with at least 24 hours notice. We will be sure to do the same.
- Depending on the complexity of your problem, it may take more then one meeting for us to come to an answer.
- Please provide us any additional information you think may be helpful. This includes relevant papers, graphs/plots, statistical software output, grant proposals, draft papers, etc.